Support for Notebook Program
MacKillop College ICCT Dept would like to reassure parents/guardians that we will be continue to support the Student 1:1 Notebook Program as best we can during the holiday period, and beyond, in light of the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19.
Notebook repairs and software maintenance will continue, although the procedures for booking assistance/repairs and the exchange of equipment have changed. Please adhere to the following procedures, until advised otherwise:
- Parents/Guardians phone the College Administration Office and request to speak with the ICCT Helpdesk. Ideally this should be done with the student present.
- Parents/Guardians (or student) explain the notebook issue with the ICCT Technician over the phone.
- If the issue cannot be resolved over the phone, the notebook will need to be brought to the school for further investigation or repair.
- An appointment time needs to be organised with ICCT for the notebook to be brought to the school, and dropped off at Administration.
- Upon arrival, the parent must ring the front office (8734 5200) to confirm entry into the building.
- Parents/Guardians will then sign the ‘Broken Notebook Register’ provided on the Notebook Table and leave the student’s notebook in the box provided. A loan notebook will be available for collection from the front office, as previously arranged.
- If applicable, the parent/guardian will receive an email from ICCT outlining any costs that may be required to have the notebook repaired.
- ICCT will phone the parent/guardian when the notebook is ready for collection and another appointment organised for its collection.
- Repaired notebooks will be available for collection from the front office as described in Step 5. Loan notebook will need to be returned at the same time.
- Parents/guardian must sign the ‘Repaired Notebook Register’ provided on the Notebook Table and leave the loan notebook in the box provided. The repaired student notebook will be available for collection from the front office.
Our aim is to maintain the amount of student notebooks available as efficiently and as safely as possible.
Please be aware that circumstance are likely to change; we will keep you informed.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Back to Blog Feed