COVID-19 – 3 August Update 1
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Yesterday, the Victorian Government announced that, on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, metropolitan Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19.
These requirements apply to all schools in metropolitan Melbourne.
The changes to schools’ operations will come into effect from Wednesday 5 August, following a student free day for all students on Tuesday 4 August, and are likely to apply until the end of Term 3.
As outlined in the Chief Health Officer’s advice on Sunday, schools remain safe for staff and students – but these steps are critical measures to reduce the movement of students and families across the state.
There are several implications for our College, and for families in our school community. A summary of what these changes mean for schools is below.
Year 7-10 Students
- Year 7-10 students will continue with remote learning
- The criteria for students that can attend onsite has changed as follows:
- students whose parents/guardians are permitted workers. The Victorian Government will provide further advice about this over the coming days
- vulnerable students in out of home care, students known to child protection and other agencies, and students the school identifies as vulnerable
- students with a disability who also fit one of the above two categories
- The college will ensure sufficient staff are available for necessary onsite supervision.
Senior Secondary (VCAL, VCE and VET)
- All VCAL, VCE and VET students will move to remote learning
- The GAT will be rescheduled from Wednesday 9 September to Wednesday 7 October
- The schedule for the VCE examinations and release of results will remain as previously advised
- Further information about consideration of disadvantage and COVID-19 will be provided shortly.
- Monday 3 August will be a ‘normal’ day of school under current arrangements, with students asked to take all their necessary learning materials home
- Tuesday 4 August will be a student-free day across Victoria to enable teachers to prepare for remote learning and provide possible time for all students to catch up on any work still outstanding
- Wednesday 5 August will be the first day of new arrangements for all schools across Victoria.
With yet another change underway, we thank you for your understanding and support as we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
Back to Blog Feed