COVID-19 – 27 May 2021 UPDATE 1
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I feel for our community once again as we prepare for this impending lockdown. While not ideal, I understand the need and so we adjust and respond accordingly.
Today, the Victorian Government announced that, on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, Victoria will move to Stage 4 restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 for a period of seven days.
These requirements apply to all schools in Victoria.
At this stage, this lockdown will be in place until 11:59pm on Thursday 3 June. Classes will resume back at the College on Friday 4 June (Friday 2 on the College timetable) dependent upon further advice from the Victorian Government.
There are several implications for our College, and for families in our school community. A summary of what these changes mean for the College is below.
Year 7-10 Students and Senior Secondary (VCAL, VCE and VET)
- Year 7-10 students will continue with remote learning as it occurred during our brief lockdown in February
- All students should consult their email on Monday morning for further instructions regarding their learning tasks for the day from their teachers
- A document entitled ‘Preparing for remote learning and onsite learning’ will be forwarded to parents/guardians over the course of the weekend. This document will explain the process and procedures in place to support student learning during this time
- The criteria for students that can attend the College onsite during the lockdown include:
- students whose parents/guardians are permitted workers. The Victorian Government will provide further advice about this over the coming days
- vulnerable students in out of home care, students known to child protection and other agencies, and students the College identifies as vulnerable
- students with a disability who also fit one of the above two categories
- The College will ensure sufficient staff are available for necessary onsite supervision
- If it is necessary for your child to access learning at the College during this period please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Secondary (VCAL, VCE and VET)
- Off campus VET will not operate during this remote learning period
- Unit 2 will commence on Monday 31 May
- Unit 1 exams will be postponed until Monday 7 June
- Year 12 VCAL work placements have been cancelled
- Year 11 VCAL work placements will only go out during the second week
Cancelled and postponed events
- Year 8 Camp – Aqua and Purple
- Year 9 – Marvellous Melbourne
- VCE Theatre Performance
- SACCS Junior Girls Football
- Year 7 Premier League – Round 7
- Main campus Wellbeing session
We thank you for your understanding and support as we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
Back to Blog Feed