COVID-19 – 18 September Update 1
Term 3 2020 has certainly been different to what we imagined it would be at the beginning of the College year. While we have had many challenges thrown at us, the resilience and sense of community shown by all staff, students and parent/guardians has been truly inspiring.
Thank you to our teachers and auxiliary staff who have continued to offer quality learning experiences to our students in very trying circumstances. Thank you to our parents/guardians for working alongside us to ensure their sons/daughters continue to engage with their teachers and their learning. And, lastly, a huge thank you must go to our student community. I am sure all of you have done your best to continue to engage in learning remotely. While this year has not turned out as we all hoped and planned, you have proven to be a resilient and strong group of young people, of whom I am incredibly proud.
As we head into the term break, I have a couple of important matters to highlight:
- From Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October (the first week of Term 4) remote and flexible learning continues for all students, including our VCE students.
Wednesday 7 October is the only exception to remote and flexible learning for those VCE students sitting the General Achievement Test (GAT).
- For students completing VCE (Unit 2 and Unit 4) subjects, there will be no classes running on Wednesday 7 October.
- On-site supervision for students of permitted workers and vulnerable students continues in line with existing guidelines.
- From Monday 12 October students enrolled in a VCE or VCAL program will return to on-site learning.
- All students from Year 7 to Year 10 will continue with remote and flexible learning. A date for the return of these year levels to on-site learning will be subject to further health advice, but will occur as soon as they are safely able to do so.
I wish you all a relaxing holiday and hope you all manage to find moments of joy.
Back to Blog Feed