COVID-19 – 12 February 2021 UPDATE 1
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Today, the Victorian Government announced that, on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, Victoria will move to Stage 4 restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 for a period of five days.
These requirements apply to all schools in Victoria.
At this stage, this lockdown will be in place until 11:59pm on Wednesday 17 February. Classes will resume back at the College on Thursday 18 February (Thursday1 on the College timetable) dependent upon further advice from the Victorian Government.
There are several implications for our College, and for families in our school community. A summary of what these changes mean for the College is below.
Year 7-10 Students and Senior Secondary (VCAL, VCE and VET)
- As our Year 7 students are new to the College they will be guided by their teachers. Year 7 students should consult their emails on Monday morning where they will be given further instruction. Students may need support from their parents /guardians to navigate this
- Year 8-10 students will continue with remote learning as it occurred during 2020
- All students should consult their email on Monday morning for further instructions regarding their learning tasks for the day from their teachers
- A document entitled ‘Preparing for remote learning and onsite learning’ will be forwarded to parents/guardians over the course of the weekend. This document will explain the process and procedures in place to support student learning during this time
- The criteria for students that can attend the College onsite during the lockdown include:
- students whose parents/guardians are permitted workers. The Victorian Government will provide further advice about this over the coming days
- vulnerable students in out of home care, students known to child protection and other agencies, and students the College identifies as vulnerable
- students with a disability who also fit one of the above two categories
- The College will ensure sufficient staff are available for necessary onsite supervision
- If it is necessary for your son/daughter to access learning at the College during this period please email email@example.com.
Senior Secondary (VCAL, VCE and VET)
- Off campus VET will not operate during this remote learning period.
Cancelled and postponed events
- Year 9 – Goulburn River camp, 9 Green
- Year 11 – retreat cancelled/Year 11 Wellbeing days cancelled
- Year 12 – camp cancelled/ Year 12 Wellbeing days cancelled
- Off campus VET will not operate during this remote learning period
- Year 9 and 10 Information Evenings will be rescheduled to a later date.
We thank you for your understanding and support as we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
Back to Blog Feed