The MacKillop Careers Reference Service operates as an integral part of the College’s student counselling services. The Careers Counsellor is available to students and parents, through an appointment system. The Careers Library is regularly updated to ensure our students have access to the most current information.
A wide variety of materials are available in the form of books, institutional handbooks, pamphlets, DVDs, videos and computer programs.
Careers Services provided include:
- Information on a range of career related issues, such as apprenticeships traineeships;
- Assistance and advice with job search techniques;
- Provision of guest speakers to address students;
- Organising excursions to the Wyndham Careers & Employment Expo and the Tertiary Information Service (TIS) Event;
- Providing workshop activities and structured lessons on career related topics;
- Advocating on students’ behalf when necessary;
- Dissemination of information relevant to senior students;
- TAFE/VET information;
- Tertiary Course Information;
- Year 10 & 11 Subject Selection Program;
- Year 12 VTAC & Pathways process;
- Organisation of Year 9 Community Links Program at St. Mary’s Campus;
- Tax File Number Service;
- Organisation of Work Placements/Work Experience;
- Preparation of Fortnightly Careers Newsletter;
- Provision of Computerised Careers Packages;
- Appointments with students/parents to discuss career pathways.