What are the Inky Awards?
The Inky Awards is an annual award that celebrates young adult literature, with both the longlist and shortlist selected by adolescents. There are two winners of the Inky Awards: the Gold Inky Award which recognises an Australian title, and the Silver Inky Award which is awarded to an international book. These awards are selected once teen readers have voted for their favourite title on insideadog.com.au
The longlist for the Inky Awards have just been annouced, and the titles included are:
Gold Inky Award (for Australian titles)
- Frankie by Shivaun Plozza
- The Bone Sparrow by Zana Fraillon
- The Sidekicks by Will Kostakis
- The Yearbook Committee by Sarah Ayoub
- My First Lesson by various, edited by Alice Pung
- When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah
- My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
- One Would Think the Deep by Claire Zorn
Silver Inky Award (for international titles)
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Whaley
- Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- You Know Me Well by David Levithan & Nina LaCour
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
Most copies will be available for students to borrow from the Library.
Dog’s Advisory Board
Do you love books, writing and digital media? Inside a Dog are looking for a group of savvy, creative teens in years 9 and 10 to be involved in the first ever Dog’s Advisory Board (DAB). The DAB is an after-school program that meets at the State Library Victoria once a week to discuss all things Inside a Dog and to drive the site’s redevelopment, from design to content to programming.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, follow this link for more information.
Back to Blog Feed